Trakia Economic Zone launches a training center for 1.75 million leva

Trakia Economic Zone launches a training center for 1.75 million leva

Trakia Economic Zone is setting up a training center with over 200 computers in Plovdiv. The total investment is over 1.75 million leva and the main goal of the center is to develop knowledge and skills in the field of industrial production.

The space is going to have 10 rooms for theoretical trainings and 1 for practical drills. The trainees will be taught how to maintain and design mechatronic systems with medium or high degree of automation. A modern software and 211 computers will be incorporated in the teaching sessions. 

The project is funded by the EU Operational Programme „Innovations and Competitiveness” 2014-2020. The grant covers 1.243 million leva, which is 70% of the costs for the project. The other 30% (510,000 lv) is provided by Trakia Economic Zone. 

An electronic platform for managing the learning process is also being created. With its help, distance learning and innovative electronic, web-based workshops will be conducted according to the needs of the industry. 

Technological infrastructure, training and practical activities will be beneficial for both the employees of the companies in TEZ as well as the external clients. 

The association is ambitious to encourage more industrial upgrading in the region. For this purpose, TEZ will partner with other sectors and clusters, including those from abroad. 

The goal of the project is to modernize Bulgarian economy by improving competitiveness in the region. This would essentially endorse the country both on the European and the global market, which is also the objective of Operational Programme „Innovations and Competitiveness” 2014-2020.